Associate, Advisory Services
Candidates are preferably located in Calgary, AB or Vancouver, BC in Canada
Radicle is looking for an enthusiastic individual to join our Advisory Services Team. The ideal candidate thrives in a collaborative team environment, can meet immediate needs while planning for the future and strives for continuous improvement. As the Associate, Advisory Services you would be working closely with the Advisory Services team, supporting projects with clients that have an immediate influence in empowering the adoption of climate action, and aligning those actions with environmental commodity markets and monetization pathways.
Reporting to the Director of Advisory Services, you will be responsible for facilitating the successful delivery of technical projects, identifying market opportunities for our clients, and providing tangible steps to bridge any gap to market access. As the Associate, Advisory Services, you will grow your carbon market expertise as a technical resource for projects, as well as being responsible for assisting in the quality and on-time delivery of projects, with the support of the team’s depth of technical expertise.
Primary Job Components
- Support a portfolio of clients in nature-based solutions (NBS) and potentially other sectors in terms of project delivery (executing on the scopes of work)
- Under the supervision of the Project Manager, the Associate, Advisory Services will assess, evaluate, and advise clients on carbon market opportunities and/or their emission mitigating activities.
- Conduct carbon offset quantification protocol evaluations and summaries for clients
- Conduct data gap analysis between existing client data collection tools or systems and regulatory or protocol requirements and effectively communicating any of these barriers to clients.
- Expand knowledge of NBS project types, carbon markets, offset protocols.
Experience, Skills and Characteristics
- Minimum of two (2) years of professional experience in sustainability or a similar field.
- Experience in carbon markets, policies, and regulations across a variety of jurisdictions.
- Service-oriented, enjoys presenting complex information to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Open minded, creative problem solver, analytical, technically proficient in greenhouse gas quantification and management, excellent time management.
- Previous familiarity or knowledge of greenhouse gas accounting, defining boundaries, appropriate application of emission factors, and application of these concepts to carbon offset projects a plus.
- NBS experience in at least one of the following: Regenerative agriculture, Forest carbon, Blue carbon, Grasslands
- ISO 14064 or 14065 training an asset.
- Collaborative approach.
YOU + RADICLE
Radicle is a team driving planet-positive change through a combination of technology and people. Being part of that energy typically involves touching base with your team at some point throughout the day in what we call our Daily Standup, which for you might be at the beginning or middle of your day. After that you can mob, pair, or take on an endeavor on your own – it's entirely about how you work best with the challenge you’ve set out to solve. You’ll work with product owners on a delivery team to deliver and demo increments each sprint, and to plan out the next sprint.
EQ vs IQ. Our culture embraces both emotional and intellectual intelligence. In fact, we care more about your EQ. Psychological safety is a necessity if we are to reach our ambitious goals. That’s why we’ve partnered with CultureSmith, which gives us the tools we need and continued education to ensure leaders stay leaders and teams stay teams.
It’s a journey, not a destination. We celebrate failures as learning experiences. Our goal is to course-correct early and often – that's one way we’ll know we’re on the right path.
We invest in our people. Everyone has room to grow personally and professionally, and we try to equip each individual with the resources to continue to learn and grow on their journey. This includes time and budgets for professional development. We strive to give you a safe place to grow and will push you outside of your comfort zones.
No-one is an island. You’ll be called upon by your peers for technical guidance, and since this is a senior position you’ll have experience (and failures) under your belt to help offer sensible advice. You’ll be expected to collaborate with your peers both internally and externally to your business unit, and given freedoms to express solutions creatively.
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Job Title in the subject line to apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest in advance. Only those chosen for interviews will be contacted.