Business Development Specialist
This role is ideally located in Montreal, Toronto, Calgary, or Vancouver, but other jurisdictions will be considered.
Join a dynamic team that is engaging the business sector to take action on climate change by reducing emissions, and move towards a resilient, low-carbon economy. Powered by Radicle, the ClimateSmart Business software provides a unique service that enables businesses to measure and reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions, while strengthening their business at the same time. We offer a hands-on training program, a web-based carbon management program, one-on-one client support, and Climate Smart Certification. Climate Smart has a proven record of assisting businesses reduce their emissions and is expanding assertively across North America.
We are looking for a strong addition to our business development and sales team. Each Business Engagement Sales team member is a driver and a collaborative team player, highly self-directed and target-driven who has experience in SAAS sales and is passionate about the environment.
Primary Job Components
In this hunter role, you will quickly establish strong client relationships and understand their needs in moving to more sustainable business practices. Your primary responsibilities will include:
Prospecting, outbound sales and lead generation
- Nurture and grow a hunter-mindset with the ability to generate sales and qualified leads through prospecting, networking, and B2B sales development activities.
- Deliver qualified leads, demo bookings or registered customers success team.
- B2B presentations with SME business prospects, cold calling, email marketing and other outbound activities to drive awareness and sales funnel growth.
- Support development and help deliver promotional and marketing plans for new target regions and assist in go-to-market strategies for outbound sales.
- Convert outbound business leads and achieve business-to-business (B2B) recruitment and business engagement targets.
- Track and report on B2B pipeline, including tracking of opportunities, outbound activities, inbound leads and budget vs actual sales.
- Report weekly, monthly, and quarterly on pipeline, including leads generated and leads converted into new registrations.
Radicle is looking for a sales hunter, someone who is passionate about sustainability with excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to present technical and non-technical information clearly and concisely. As a self-motivated professional who thrives on autonomy and ownership of their work, you will bring proven Saas sales experience or technical business development to the team. Our ideal candidate is highly self-driven, adaptable and proactive, a team player, and has a passion for customer excellence. You complement your fit for this position with experience communicating with business decision-makers, managing and reporting on sales pipeline or campaigns, being comfortable working with different conferencing and collaboration technology platforms, and have a willingness and desire to travel and attend early morning and evening networking events. The ability to work in a deadline-driven, dynamic and fast-paced environment will be required for your success.
Some additional assets include:
- Education or training in fields related to some combination of small and medium-sized business sales and marketing, economic development, GHG management or sustainability.
- 1+ years of experience in lead generation, B2B sales, inside sales, recruitment, or client management with proven track record of results.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office 365, SharePoint and Dynamics CRM (or other CRM platforms).
YOU + RADICLE
Radicle is a team driving planet-positive change through a combination of technology and people. Being part of that energy typically involves touching base with your team at some point throughout the day in what we call our Daily Standup, which for you might be at the beginning or middle of your day. After that you can mob, pair, or take on an endeavor on your own – it's entirely about how you work best with the challenge you’ve set out to solve. You’ll work with product owners on a delivery team to deliver and demo increments each sprint, and to plan out the next sprint.
EQ vs IQ. Our culture embraces both emotional and intellectual intelligence. In fact, we care more about your EQ. Psychological safety is a necessity if we are to reach our ambitious goals. That’s why we’ve partnered with CultureSmith, which gives us the tools we need and continued education to ensure leaders stay leaders and teams stay teams.
It’s a journey, not a destination. We celebrate failures as learning experiences. Our goal is to course-correct early and often – that's one way we’ll know we’re on the right path.
We invest in our people. Everyone has room to grow personally and professionally, and we try to equip each individual with the resources to continue to learn and grow on their journey. This includes time and budgets for professional development. We strive to give you a safe place to grow and will push you outside of your comfort zones.
No-one is an island. You’ll be called upon by your peers for technical guidance, and since this is a senior position you’ll have experience (and failures) under your belt to help offer sensible advice. You’ll be expected to collaborate with your peers both internally and externally to your business unit, and given freedoms to express solutions creatively.
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Job Title in the subject line to apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest in advance. Only those chosen for interviews will be contacted.