Energy Emissions Consultant
July 2022, 6 months, with possible extension
Minimum: 4 hours per week. Maximum: 12 hours per week
Part-Time, fixed-term contract
Calgary, AB, Hybrid, Remote
The Innovation team at Radicle works to identify and develop new opportunities in carbon markets and novel monetization pathways for emissions reductions. We are currently looking for an enthusiastic and innovative individual with experience in energy trading to join our team.
The ideal candidate thrives in an independent and autonomous work setting, can meet immediate needs while planning for the future and strives for continuous improvement.
Our Energy Emissions Consultant will research and evaluate new market opportunities, which may include complex interplays between commodity markets and carbon regulation or pricing. The objective of the role is to work with the Innovation Team, new market entrants and innovators to identify relevant and viable pathways to emissions reductions monetization. The role involves a business development-oriented attitude and inquisitive research.
This successful consultant will report directly to the Manager of Methane Innovation and will be the project lead for specific natural gas and emission reductions opportunity investigations.
The Innovation Team at Radicle will favour a candidate with an intrinsic interest in novel developments in technology, methodologies, markets, and international agreements within the world of energy, methane and carbon.
Primary Job Components
- Lead research and development into new environmental commodities markets and programs
- Lead research and development into new physical commodities programs
- Provide recommendations for emissions reductions programmatic activities
- Conduct research with market entrants to develop positions and opportunities for methane and carbon emissions reduction
- Frequently collaborate with the Innovation Management team to understand objectives and communicate results
- The role may lead to full-time work with the Innovation Team at Radicle
- Curious, savvy, and ready to take on novel tasks and projects
- Calm and honest in the face of multiple deadlines and drivers
- Open-minded and willing to learn new tasks and initiatives
- An initiator and a driver of change and progress
- Proactive and resourceful work ethic
- Diligent, with intrinsic desire to meet deadlines
Experience, Skills and Characteristics
- Post-Secondary degree in environmental science, engineering or economics
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the energy sector
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in energy (crude oil and natural gas) commodity trading in the local, regional, and global markets, or equivalent physical commodity derivatives experience
- Energy sector experience in at least two of the following: Upstream oil and gas, midstream oil and gas, industrial power solutions, transitional energy solutions
- Familiarity with carbon markets across a variety of jurisdictions (large emitter compliance, fuel standards, voluntary markets)
- Proven experience with project management/implementation success across multiple stakeholders and/or jurisdictions
- Proven experience in technical writing and technical interpretation
- Ability and willingness to adapt to a fast-paced work environment
- Previous familiarity or experience with carbon offset project development
- Production accounting or production engineering experience
- Emissions regulation and/or reporting experience
YOU + RADICLE
Radicle is a team driving planet-positive change through a combination of technology and people. Being part of that energy involves working across fast-paced and growing teams with your avant-garde and forward thinking.
We value both EQ and IQ. Our culture embraces both emotional and intellectual intelligence. Psychological safety is a necessity if we are to reach our ambitious goals. To support this roadmap, we have partnered with CultureSmith, which gives us the tools we need and continued education to ensure leaders stay leaders and teams stay teams.
We invest in our people. We strive to give you a place to grow and thrive outside of your comfort zones, with a team that empowers and supports you every step of the way.
No one is an island. You'll be called upon by your peers for technical expertise in GHG accounting and management. With the support of the full Advisory Services team, you will have in-depth experience advising on GHG management and monetization strategies. You will be expected to collaborate with your peers both internally and externally to your business unit and given freedoms to express solutions creatively.
We believe growth is a journey. We celebrate failures as learning experiences. Our goal is to course-correct early and often – that's one way we'll know we're on the right path.
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Job Title in the subject line to apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest in advance. Only those chosen for interviews will be contacted.