Financial Reporting Lead
Radicle is looking for a Financial Reporting Lead to join our growing team! As a Financial Reporting Lead your work will have a big impact on ensuring the integrity, accuracy, and timeliness of the consolidation and reporting process for the Radicle Group of companies. You’ll work closely with a team of accounting professionals throughout the consolidation and reporting process while engaging in complex technical accounting matters across geographies, as they arise. You’ll add value through your ability to identify opportunities to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the reporting process as well as through your attention to detail given the required accuracy in the work performed.
Primary Job Components
You will be responsible for the reporting of Radicle’s financial results in our IFRS quarterly financial reporting and internal management reporting. Your technical accounting and problem-solving skills will be called to action to ensure commercial transactions (the spectrum includes carbon credit development, trading, and software fees) are represented accurately. You will assist in design of internal processes to achieve efficiency in reporting.
- Responsible for ensuring the integrity, accuracy, and timeliness of the financial consolidation process for the Reporting function
- Lead the annual preparation of audited financial statements and note disclosures
- Lead the quarterly financial statement preparation and accompanying analysis
- Preparation of board related materials including audit memos and financial analysis
- Participate in technical accounting research and development of new accounting policies and standards as required
- Completion of monthly complex accounting calculations
- Assist with investigation of variances and provide quarterly variance commentary
- Prepare reconciliations of system data to consolidated working papers as part of the quarterly finance reporting process
- Assist with documentation and implementation of new processes as required
- Assist with preparation of quarterly and annual Reporting packs and financial statement schedules
- Provide support for financial reporting projects and ad hoc requests
- Assist in the annual and interim audit, including coordination of external auditors’ requests and completion of supporting schedules
- Assist in the annual tax filings, including coordination with external advisors. Prepare quarterly tax provisions
- Develop or recommend actions to raise standards and improve operational effectiveness and consistency through process, technology and/or people capability development
- Identify opportunities to bring efficiencies to the financial consolidation process through use of technology tools and/or elimination of redundancies
Radicle is looking for an entrepreneurial and self-motivated experienced professional, someone who is passionate about sustainability with excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to present technical and non-technical information clearly and concisely. As a self- motivated professional who thrives on autonomy and ownership of their work, you will bring proven risk analysis experience or technical business development to the team. Our ideal candidate is highly self-driven, adaptable and proactive, a team player. The ability to work in a deadline-driven, dynamic and fast-paced environment will be required for your success.
Experience, Skills and Characteristics:
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation, preferably with experience at a public accounting firm
- 3-5 years of relevant public accounting, auditing, or industry experience
- An understanding of multicurrency financial consolidation
- Proficient knowledge and use of Microsoft Office; Intermediate to advanced capability in MS Excel
- Contribute to projects to drive improvements of operational effectiveness and consistency
- Strong communication skills: read people and dynamics thoughtfully and accurately
- Ability to develop and maintain of strong working relationships with key stakeholders
- Ability to work effectively with a team of financial professionals to deliver high quality output
YOU + RADICLE:
Radicle is a team driving planet-positive change through a combination of technology and people. Being part of that energy typically involves touching base with your team at some point throughout the day in what we call our Daily Standup, which for you might be at the beginning or middle of your day. After that you can mob, pair, or take on an endeavor on your own – it's entirely about how you work best with the challenge you’ve set out to solve. You’ll work with product owners on a delivery team to deliver and demo increments each sprint, and to plan out the next sprint.
EQ vs IQ. Our culture embraces both emotional and intellectual intelligence. In fact, we care more about your EQ. Psychological safety is a necessity if we are to reach our ambitious goals. That’s why we’ve partnered with CultureSmith, which gives us the tools we need and continued education to ensure leaders stay leaders and teams stay teams.
It’s a journey, not a destination. We celebrate failures as learning experiences. Our goal is to course-correct early and often – that's one way we’ll know we’re on the right path.
We invest in our people. Everyone has room to grow personally and professionally, and we try to equip each individual with the resources to continue to learn and grow on their journey. This includes time and budgets for professional development. We strive to give you a safe place to grow and will push you outside of your comfort zones.
No-one is an island. You’ll be called upon by your peers for technical guidance, and since this is a senior position you’ll have experience (and failures) under your belt to help offer sensible advice. You’ll be expected to collaborate with your peers both internally and externally to your business unit, and given freedoms to express solutions creatively.
Email your resume to email@example.com with the Job Title in the subject line to apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest in advance. Only those chosen for interviews will be contacted.