Junior Trader, Voluntary Markets
In Canada, candidates are preferably located in Calgary, AB or Vancouver, BC. In the United States, candidates must be located in Austin, Texas or be willing to re-locate as this position is not remote or available for employment in other cities.
Radicle is looking for a Junior Trader, Voluntary Markets, who is resourceful and proactive with strong attention to detail and communication skills. In this role, you will report into the Manager, Global Markets and be responsible for day-to-day bilateral/over-the-counter trading for Radicle’s voluntary carbon market (VCM) activities via external relationships with brokers, project developers, and other parties active in the VCM. As an ideal candidate, you possess exceptional attention to detail and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Primary Job Components
As Junior Trader, Voluntary Markets, you will:
- Trade Radicle's voluntary carbon market portfolio via daily interface with brokers, intermediaries and project developers, including: compiling and tracking credit pricing from multiple sources to aid in trade decision making, drafting business cases based on tracked credit pricing, negotiating with counterparties, and overseeing contracting negotiation and execution for confirmed trades
- Monitor international markets and understand market trends
- Coordinate daily with back & mid office teams to ensure functional and efficient trade record keeping
- Gather, interpret, and use complex data from a variety of sources to develop actionable recommendations
Experience, Skills and Characteristics
- 2+ years of Sustainable Finance, Energy Economics, and/or commodity trading experience
- Deep understanding of trading risks and emissions market
- Superb analytical, numeracy, and communication skills
- Ability to function as part of a team and can make clear decisions in a logical manner
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in business management, finance, economics, mathematics and/or engineering
- Thorough understanding of carbon products, markets, and trading, including project-based carbon standards, carbon registries, and carbon pricing
- Legal and contract management skills are a plus
- Excellent problem-solving abilities
YOU + RADICLE
Radicle is a team driving planet-positive change through a combination of technology and people. Being part of that energy typically involves touching base with your team at some point throughout the day in what we call our Daily Standup, which for you might be at the beginning or middle of your day. After that you can mob, pair, or take on an endeavor on your own – it's entirely about how you work best with the challenge you’ve set out to solve. You’ll work with product owners on a delivery team to deliver and demo increments each sprint, and to plan out the next sprint.
EQ vs IQ. Our culture embraces both emotional and intellectual intelligence. In fact, we care more about your EQ. Psychological safety is a necessity if we are to reach our ambitious goals. That’s why we’ve partnered with CultureSmith, which gives us the tools we need and continued education to ensure leaders stay leaders and teams stay teams.
It’s a journey, not a destination. We celebrate failures as learning experiences. Our goal is to course-correct early and often – that's one way we’ll know we’re on the right path.
We invest in our people. Everyone has room to grow personally and professionally, and we try to equip each individual with the resources to continue to learn and grow on their journey. This includes time and budgets for professional development. We strive to give you a safe place to grow and will push you outside of your comfort zones.
No-one is an island. You’ll be called upon by your peers for technical guidance, and since this is a senior position you’ll have experience (and failures) under your belt to help offer sensible advice. You’ll be expected to collaborate with your peers both internally and externally to your business unit, and given freedoms to express solutions creatively.
Email your resume to email@example.com with the Job Title in the subject line to apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest in advance. Only those chosen for interviews will be contacted.