Radicle is looking for a Product Owner to join its fast-paced agile environment and dynamic product team. Under the leadership of the Product Manager, Climate Smart, you will be integral to helping us build better products that companies use to measure and reduce their greenhouse gas emissions.
In this position, you will collaborate with various stakeholders, including product managers, sustainability advisors, user interaction designers, content writers, developers, and quality assurance specialists.
Primary Job Components
- Plan and prioritize product feature backlog and development for the product according to business value
- Develop detailed product feature specifications and ensure the development team clearly understands them
- Ensure that the team always has an adequate amount of prepared tasks to work on
- Assess value, develop cases, and prioritize stories, epics, and themes to ensure work aligns with product strategy
- Analyze data, troubleshoot problems, build documents and participate in quality assurance to ensure the success of all product releases
- Actively mitigate roadblocks impacting successful team completion of release/sprint goals
- Lead the product-release plans and set expectations for delivery of new functionalities
- Serve as the product ambassador internally and externally, sharing knowledge and answering questions related to the product
- Participate in the daily Scrums, Sprint Planning Meetings, as well as Sprint Reviews and Retrospectives
Experience, Skills and Characteristics:
- 2-3 years of working experience as a Product Owner with software development teams
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline
- In-depth knowledge of agile process and principles
- Understanding of business value around feature/functions
- Outstanding communication, presentation and leadership skills
- Attention to detail
- Demonstrated record of establishing priorities and meeting deadline
- Ability to make quick, timely decisions
- Able to effectively manage conflicting stakeholder needs
Radicle is looking for an entrepreneurial and self-motivated professional who thrives on autonomy and ownership over their work. Ideal candidates are adaptable, proactive team players with a passion for building world-class climate solutions. As an ideal candidate, you possess exceptional organizational, communication and collaboration skills. You can write effective user stories that articulate complex requirements. You care deeply about delighting customers and creating best-in-class experiences.
YOU + RADICLE:
Radicle is a team driving planet-positive change through a combination of technology and people. Being part of that energy typically involves touching base with your team at some point throughout the day in what we call our Daily Standup, which for you might be at the beginning or middle of your day. After that you can mob, pair, or take on an endeavor on your own – it's entirely about how you work best with the challenge you’ve set out to solve. You’ll work with product owners on a delivery team to deliver and demo increments each sprint, and to plan out the next sprint.
EQ vs IQ. Our culture embraces both emotional and intellectual intelligence. In fact, we care more about your EQ. Psychological safety is a necessity if we are to reach our ambitious goals. That’s why we’ve partnered with CultureSmith, which gives us the tools we need and continued education to ensure leaders stay leaders and teams stay teams.
It’s a journey, not a destination. We celebrate failures as learning experiences. Our goal is to course-correct early and often – that's one way we’ll know we’re on the right path.
We invest in our people. Everyone has room to grow personally and professionally, and we try to equip each individual with the resources to continue to learn and grow on their journey. This includes time and budgets for professional development. We strive to give you a safe place to grow and will push you outside of your comfort zones.
No-one is an island. You’ll be called upon by your peers for technical guidance, and since this is a senior position you’ll have experience (and failures) under your belt to help offer sensible advice. You’ll be expected to collaborate with your peers both internally and externally to your business unit, and given freedoms to express solutions creatively.
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Job Title in the subject line to apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest in advance. Only those chosen for interviews will be contacted.