Radicle is looking for a Risk Specialist to join our growing team! As a Risk Specialist you will be working closely with our Finance team on ensuring the integrity, accuracy, and timeliness of the consolidation and reporting process for the Radicle Group of companies.
You’ll work closely with a team of accounting professionals throughout the consolidation and reporting process while engaging in complex technical accounting matters across geographies, as they arise. You’ll add value through your ability to identify opportunities to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the reporting process as well as through your attention to detail given the required accuracy in the work performed.
Primary Job Components
- Perform daily risk reporting/control tasks, analysis and validation of commodity and FX exposures, MtM/PnL, Forward Price Curves, etc.
- Monitor, report, analyze, and explain commodity trading positions, limit utilization, exposures, P&L trends, and variances
- Perform counterparty KYC risk assessment including counterparty validation and financial statement analysis, forecasting, and assessments, as it relates to our diverse portfolio of domestic and international trading partners.
- Develop and maintain models for managing risk exposure and positions, valuations and PnL, Value at Risk (VaR), Earning at Risk (EaR), scenario analysis and stress testing
- Perform statistical and fundamental based stress testing on individual strategies, trade desk, and trade floor portfolios
- Model and analyze complex structured deals (both valuation and risk metrics)
- Work with both front and back end of ETRM system, databases, and Power BI to extract and analyze data, and provide risk reporting to support decision making.
- Develop a strong working relationship supporting internal groups such as trading, finance, and corporate development
Radicle is looking for an entrepreneurial and self-motivated experienced professional, someone who is passionate about sustainability with excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to present technical and non-technical information clearly and concisely. As a self-motivated professional who thrives on autonomy and ownership of their work, you will bring proven risk analysis experience or technical business development to the team. Our ideal candidate is highly self-driven, adaptable and proactive, and a team player. The ability to work in a deadline-driven, dynamic and fast-paced environment will be required for your success.
Experience, Skills and Characteristics
- 2-5 years of experience with commodity (or environmental) markets and related market dynamics (both technical and fundamental based analysis).
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in one of Finance, Economics, Mathematics, or Physics
- Interest in the CFA Program, would be an asset
- Knowledge of global carbon and environmental markets would be an asset, but not required.
- Proficient Excel (spreadsheet) and database skills
- Experience in SQL, ETRM and Power BI experience, would be an asset
- Experience with stress testing, quantitative modelling, and analysis techniques for structured deal valuation, including Monte Carlo and fundamental based modelling, would be an asset
- Exceptional attention to detail and time management
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic team environment.
YOU + RADICLE
Radicle is a team driving planet-positive change through a combination of technology and people. Being part of that energy typically involves touching base with your team at some point throughout the day in what we call our Daily Standup, which for you might be at the beginning or middle of your day. After that you can mob, pair, or take on an endeavor on your own – it's entirely about how you work best with the challenge you’ve set out to solve. You’ll work with product owners on a delivery team to deliver and demo increments each sprint, and to plan out the next sprint.
EQ vs IQ. Our culture embraces both emotional and intellectual intelligence. In fact, we care more about your EQ. Psychological safety is a necessity if we are to reach our ambitious goals. That’s why we’ve partnered with CultureSmith, which gives us the tools we need and continued education to ensure leaders stay leaders and teams stay teams.
It’s a journey, not a destination. We celebrate failures as learning experiences. Our goal is to course-correct early and often – that's one way we’ll know we’re on the right path.
We invest in our people. Everyone has room to grow personally and professionally, and we try to equip each individual with the resources to continue to learn and grow on their journey. This includes time and budgets for professional development. We strive to give you a safe place to grow and will push you outside of your comfort zones.
No-one is an island. You’ll be called upon by your peers for technical guidance, and since this is a senior position you’ll have experience (and failures) under your belt to help offer sensible advice. You’ll be expected to collaborate with your peers both internally and externally to your business unit, and given freedoms to express solutions creatively.
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Job Title in the subject line to apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest in advance. Only those chosen for interviews will be contacted.