Senior Carbon Analyst, Climate Smart
We are looking for a Senior Carbon Analyst to join our fast-paced agile environment and dynamic product team. The Senior Carbon Analyst role is integral to the success of the Climate Smart application and to the delivery of associated services. You will help Radicle’s clients measure and reduce their carbon footprint by designing and overseeing the continuous enhancement of measurement methodologies.
The methodologies you will define will span across many industry sectors and geographical locations. You are the right candidate for this role if you care deeply about complying with current greenhouse gas accounting standards and providing best in class emissions measurement methodologies. Your work will provide the blueprint for our Advisory team and software to help clients accurately measure their footprint.
In this position, you will collaborate with various stakeholders, including product managers, sustainability advisors, developers, quality assurance analysts, and content writers.
Primary Job Components
- Research and document methodologies for new activities, sectors or geographies.
- Lead the annual emissions factor update including the research needed to validate methodologies and assess impact on current clients.
- Provide guidance on how to best incorporate GHG inventory boundary-setting and emission reductions for the Climate Smart software.
- Provide guidance on how to best incorporate target-setting pathways into the software for clients.
- Be the voice of Sustainability Advisors and Clients.
- Build the emissions calculation engine roadmap and provides direction on to evolve carbon emissions captured by the software.
- Provide insights into feature development to ensure we address not only GHG protocol requirements but also Sustainability Advisor and Customer needs.
- Develop test plans in collaboration with QA to validate calculations.
- Review documentation such as self-help articles prepared for training purposes.
- Provide expertise directly to customers when appropriate to assist with unique measurement questions.
- Train Service Delivery team on emission factors updates or additions and assist with the development of documentation for internal and external clients.
Experience, Skills and Characteristics
- Technical degree or engineering experience
- Experience with corporate greenhouse gas footprinting or life cycle assessment.
- High proficiency with Excel.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Flexible, proactive and enjoys working in a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects to deadline while maintaining high quality of work
- Quick learner who enjoys researching, understanding and describing the practical application of software.
YOU + RADICLE
Radicle is a team driving planet-positive change through a combination of technology and people. Being part of that energy typically involves touching base with your team at some point throughout the day in what we call our Daily Standup, which for you might be at the beginning or middle of your day. After that you can mob, pair, or take on an endeavor on your own – it's entirely about how you work best with the challenge you’ve set out to solve. You’ll work with product owners on a delivery team to deliver and demo increments each sprint, and to plan out the next sprint.
EQ vs IQ. Our culture embraces both emotional and intellectual intelligence. In fact, we care more about your EQ. Psychological safety is a necessity if we are to reach our ambitious goals. That’s why we’ve partnered with CultureSmith, which gives us the tools we need and continued education to ensure leaders stay leaders and teams stay teams.
It’s a journey, not a destination. We celebrate failures as learning experiences. Our goal is to course-correct early and often – that's one way we’ll know we’re on the right path.
We invest in our people. Everyone has room to grow personally and professionally, and we try to equip each individual with the resources to continue to learn and grow on their journey. This includes time and budgets for professional development. We strive to give you a safe place to grow and will push you outside of your comfort zones.
No-one is an island. You’ll be called upon by your peers for technical guidance, and since this is a senior position you’ll have experience (and failures) under your belt to help offer sensible advice. You’ll be expected to collaborate with your peers both internally and externally to your business unit, and given freedoms to express solutions creatively.
Email your resume to email@example.com with the Job Title in the subject line to apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest in advance. Only those chosen for interviews will be contacted.