Senior Manager, Climate Smart Advisory
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Target start: As soon as possible
Location: Calgary, AB, Vancouver, BC, Remote
Radicle is looking for Senior Manager, Climate Smart Advisory to join its Sustainability Strategy and Credit Development team. You will play a vital role in managing our Sustainability Advisory team who is responsible for delivering the Climate Smart Service.
Working closely with Climate Smart product team, you will empower business leaders to take climate-care action within their organization and demonstrate the real positive impacts emissions reductions initiatives can have. A unique mix of team management and mentoring; providing subject matter expertise; and influence over the growth and direction of this service line makes this an exciting role that will provide an opportunity to work with multiple teams across the company.
Primary Job Components
The Senior Manager, Climate Smart Advisory is responsible for managing the technical delivery team of the Climate Smart service for clients, guiding them through the development of a corporate GHG inventory and reduction strategy. This can include additional services to our corporate clients including target setting, compliance with ESG reporting and other technical services related to corporate sustainability.
- Manage a growing team of Sustainability Advisors working to support clients through the Climate Smart service, with an emphasis on internal culture and client success
- Own the successful delivery of the Climate Smart service and scale of impact through planned reductions and reductions achieved by our clients
- Identify opportunities for structural and service improvements, with an eye on how best to leverage our team’s expertise versus the role of training and software
- Provide subject matter expertise support to the Sustainability Advisors in an ever-changing landscape of reporting and quantification standards
- Partner with the product team to identify and implement operational and service improvements
- Manage the team transition required for scaling up the service
- Collaborate with the advisory team on strategic corporate sustainability consulting projects
- Manage subcontractors and support teams for success
Experience, Skills and Characteristics
- 5+ years of professional experience in corporate sustainability with an emphasis on GHG accounting and management. Understanding of avoided emission and LCA frameworks an asset
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent relevant professional experience
- 3+ years of experience managing a team
- Experience in client service or advisory role preferred, customer service oriented
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Open minded, resourceful and a team player
- Ability to work with ambiguity and be flexible/nimble
Radicle is looking for an entrepreneurial and self-motivated professional who thrives on autonomy and ownership over their work. Ideal candidates are adaptable, proactive, team players with a passion for climate solutions and customer service. You can manage and grow a team of technical experts, while supporting the service to stay ahead of a competitive and changing field of corporate sustainability.
YOU + RADICLE
Radicle is a team driving planet-positive change through a combination of technology and people. Being part of that energy involves working across fast-paced and growing teams with your avant-garde and forward-thinking.
EQ vs. IQ. Our culture embraces both emotional and intellectual intelligence. In fact, we care more about your EQ. Psychological safety is a necessity if we are to reach our ambitious goals. To support this roadmap, we have partnered with CultureSmith, which gives us the tools we need and continued education to ensure leaders stay leaders and teams stay teams.
We invest in our people. We strive to give you a place to grow and thrive outside of your comfort zones, with a team that empowers and supports you every step of the way.
We believe growth is a journey. We celebrate failures as learning experiences. Our goal is to course-correct early and often – that's one way we'll know we're on the right path.
Email your resume to email@example.com with the Job Title in the subject line to apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest in advance. Only those chosen for interviews will be contacted.