Senior User Interaction Designer
We are looking for a Senior UI/UX Designer to join our fast-paced and dynamic team. You will help us design and improve products and services for internal and external clients. In this position, you will collaborate with various stakeholders, including product managers, sustainability consultants, developers, quality assurance analysts, and content writers.
Primary Job Components
- Drive the UX process through the entire product development lifecycle to solve customer problems while achieving customer experience and business goals
- Create artifacts such as customer journey maps, information architecture, wireframes, interaction flows, transitions, and visual design for product development teams
- Conduct user research to develop a holistic view of our users and their needs to identify existing friction points to create personas
- Leverage data from multiple sources to inform product requirements and design decisions
- Present ideas and designs effectively while providing the rationale for design decisions and building consensus
- Work collaboratively and build relationships with local and remote cross-functional teams involved in the software development process
Experience, Skills and Characteristics
- Post-secondary education in User Experience, Human-Computer Interaction, or Visual / Graphic / Information Design
- Minimum of 5 years of professional design experience
- Understanding of user-centered design principles and agile development
- Outstanding and diverse portfolio that demonstrates robust user experience design and research principles
- Empathic approach to help understand users, their challenges, and tell stories
- Capacity to turn high-level, complex business requirements into design and UX deliverables, including wireframes, task flows, prototypes, research plans and test scripts
- Knowledge of responsive design, visual design, typography, colour, and layout
- Proficient with Figma or other digital design tools, Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to work in a high-paced, continually changing environment
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
YOU + RADICLE
Radicle is a team driving planet-positive change through a combination of technology and people. Being part of that energy typically involves touching base with your team at some point throughout the day in what we call our Daily Standup, which for you might be at the beginning or middle of your day. After that you can mob, pair, or take on an endeavor on your own – it's entirely about how you work best with the challenge you’ve set out to solve. You’ll work with product owners on a delivery team to deliver and demo increments each sprint, and to plan out the next sprint.
EQ vs IQ. Our culture embraces both emotional and intellectual intelligence. In fact, we care more about your EQ. Psychological safety is a necessity if we are to reach our ambitious goals. That’s why we’ve partnered with CultureSmith, which gives us the tools we need and continued education to ensure leaders stay leaders and teams stay teams.
It’s a journey, not a destination. We celebrate failures as learning experiences. Our goal is to course-correct early and often – that's one way we’ll know we’re on the right path.
We invest in our people. Everyone has room to grow personally and professionally, and we try to equip each individual with the resources to continue to learn and grow on their journey. This includes time and budgets for professional development. We strive to give you a safe place to grow and will push you outside of your comfort zones.
No-one is an island. You’ll be called upon by your peers for technical guidance, and since this is a senior position you’ll have experience (and failures) under your belt to help offer sensible advice. You’ll be expected to collaborate with your peers both internally and externally to your business unit, and given freedoms to express solutions creatively.
Email your resume to email@example.com with the Job Title in the subject line to apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest in advance. Only those chosen for interviews will be contacted.